Answer: Go after Defy Media! Defy Media is the company that owns Smosh and also Break.com, a site that also does not caption and recently started offering free movies online. Defy Media has only just over 1,000 followers on Twitter. which means a tweet to them is more likely to be noticed. Defy Media has a facebook page with fewer than 2,000 likes, again that means it is easier to be noticed.
So if you want captions on Smosh - and you should want captions on Smosh, because of Smosh's sheer size and huge potential influence on YouTube if they caption (19 million subscribers on main YouTube channel, a game channel, a cartoon channel, and a movie coming out soon), reach out to the following:
- Defy Media Facebook - You can either post on the page, or send a private message.
- Defy Media Twitter - @defymedia
- Defy Media's President - @keithrichman
- Defy Media's Marketing - @eliztesch
- Defy Media's Search Engine Optimization Specialist - @hotelcafejunkie
- Defy Media's Creative Team - @defycreatives
And, of course, don't forget the #CaptionSmosh petition!